Every homeowner should be aware that the roof of their home is not something to take lightly. For this reason, it is important to know when you need to have your roof replaced, and how to spot the key signs that may indicate a need for replacement. Let's take a look at some of these signs below:
1) Curled shingles - One of the most common indications that you will need to replace your roof is curled shingles on your roof. If you begin noticing that several of the shingles on your home are curling or buckling, then this can be an indication that water has been allowed in the attic and/or there is too much moisture buildup in your attic. Once dry rot settles in on your roof, it is only a matter of time before it damages the shingles and allows water to seep through.
2) Blistering on your roof - Another common indication that you need new roof on your home is blistering. If you are noticing that there are several areas on your roof where the shingles have lifted up or are beginning to bubble, you may have dry rot damage under these areas. Once this occurs, it can be an indication that you have deeper issues with your roof which need to be addressed by professional repair services.
3) Dark spots - If you notice dark spots on your ceilings downstairs or inside of your home, these can often be signs that there has been water leaking through the attic area of your home. If this is not addressed immediately, it can lead to water damage on the ceilings of your home or even within many of the rooms that you use daily.
4) Water stains - It is important for homeowners to know that water stains are never a good sign when it comes to their roof. When shingles begin to curl up and show signs of blistering, it often means that water has seeped through these areas and caused dark marks on your ceiling or inside of your home. If you notice any slight discoloration in spots on your ceilings, you should immediately call one of our professional repair services before severe damage is done to the interior structure of your home.
5) Curled flashing - This is simply a sign that your roof is standing up to its job of holding back water against the shingles. If you notice a curled flashing, this means that your roof is not leaking and there are no signs of any potential leaks. However, if you see a curled flashing which has been attached to areas where the shingles have lifted or bubbled, then it may be time to replace your home's entire roof as soon as possible.
6) Blasted off caulk - Another key sign that you may need a new roof is blasted off caulking around vents, skylights and other areas on your home's exterior. This can indicate dry rot damage within these areas and should be addressed immediately. For instance, if you have a skylight which has been damaged by water leaking from your shingles, this may require a replacement of the entire roof.
7) Areas where you can see sunlight - If you notice that there are sections on your home's exterior where you can see light shining through, this is often a sign that there is an issue happening with your roof. These areas will often be accompanied with bubbling and curling on the shingle surface of your roof, which means it is time to call our professional repair services right away.
8) Buckled flashing - If you have ever noticed that your gutters have been curling back or buckling up from the fascia board of your home's exterior, then it mean that there are leaks occurring in the roofing of your home. If these areas are not sealed immediately, it can lead to further damage on your roof and cause leaks in the interior structure of your home.
9) Sagging - One of the most common signs that you need a new roof is when you notice sagging or drooping on your home's exterior. When this occurs, it means that there are issues with your shingles which may have lifted or become damaged due to dry rot setting in. Once this takes place, it will often lead to water seeping through these areas quickly. So if you notice any sagging or drooping spots on your home's exterior, then its imperative that you hire one of our professional repair services as soon as possible before severe damage occurs.
How to Tell When A Roof was Replaced?
When you are in need of a new roof, there are often times after an issue arises when one question remains on your mind. Was my previous roof replaced? If not, how long ago was it installed? To answer these questions yourself, simply follow the information below to learn more about determining when your roof was built or replaced by our professional replacement services.
1) When was the home built - One of the best ways for homeowners to determine whether or not their current roof has been replaced is to look back at when their home was originally constructed. For example, if your home was built before 1970 then there is a good chance that the shingles installed were single-ply and would require relatively frequent replacement compared to shingles which are put in today.
2) When was shingles installed - Another effective way for homeowners to learn more about the age of their roof is by looking back at when their shingles were put into place. For example, if you have asphalt shingles which are over 20 years old then it could be greatly beneficial to invest in a new roof immediately before they begin to experience water leaks and even cause interior damage because of this. However, if you look back and see that your home's shingles were first put into place within the last decade or two decades, then there is a good chance that your roof may not need replacing just yet.
If you have noticed any of the signs that your roof needs replacing, call Christian Roofing ASAP! Most of the time these issues only require a quick fix, but a widespread problem that goes unchecked could pose serious safety hazards and end up costing you way more in damage than a new roof would. So don't hesitate to reach out to us, our team is happy to help!